Pouring Thoughts on a Rainy Day

10:00:00 PM ivannejuare 0 Comments


Water's dripping on the roof. The cold winds caress my body. My body's slowly giving up to sleep. But my mind, oh, it's very well functioning. Thousands of thoughts are now running into my brain that it's getting me too occupied. I had forgotten all the lessons I still need to study. All I want now is to get a piece of paper and a pen and start writing. It has always been this way. The rain somehow brings my mind into action, like all the inspiration I need for writing suddenly came out of nowhere. Some say its being emo, but it's like some force drives my creative side and all those past inspirations for my unfinished poems simply snaps in my mind. Perhaps its how nature is. Its like thoughts keep pouring in my head with each raindrop. I like the rain for it keeps my mind running, but sometimes, I just have too much wandering that I nearly forgotten that time hadn't stood still. I love the coldness and serenity it brings, but I must admit it's not really a good time to study lessons because it makes me feel sleepy. I like the rain but I don't wanna get soaked and wet all the time. Rain is nature's way of cleaning things, but somehow it brings that gloomy feeling, like the heavens are crying and you just can't help but get nostalgic. So usually, I end up writing sad poems or thinking of unhappy memories whenever it rains.