Experience is the Best Teacher

11:36:00 PM ivannejuare 0 Comments

"I'm ruling in your favor."

Those words echoed in my ears as if I just heard. Six months had passed but I could still perfectly remember those words as if no time had passed and I could still feel my body overwhelmed by happiness. 

Six months ago, I was sitting in my teacher's office knowing for a fact that I would not be retained in the program and just then the greatest miracle happened. He said 'I'm ruling in your favor' and made me stayed in the program. Back then I swore I'm gonna prove people that I deserve a second chance and I guess I did it. 

Today the final verdict was released. The fear I felt last semester did not surpassed. Somehow, I felt confident and calm because I know I had better exam results than last semester. And the verdict? Oh well, I am retained in the program and had grade that is a notch higher than last semester. It made me feel happy and contented. I couldn't ask for more. I felt even happier that no one from my block will leave us. I'd be living the rest of my college days with those people who somehow made life in UP better for me.

The school year taught me lot of lessons. First, life would never be fair. There would be rich and poor people. There would be the happy and troubled ones. And there would be teacher's pets. I don't hold grudges for those favored ones but I certainly hope that the teachers would try hard not to keep sides.

Second, keep away from distractions. If you want to achieve something, keep it as the only thing in your mind. Never let anything keep your eyes off the goal. I tried staying away from things I love to do but consumes my time such as reading novels and accessing my tumblr account. Well I guess I could say it was worth the effort.

Third, never lose hope. God is a really good director. He has a way of making things appear like a hopeless scenario only to find out a light at the end of the tunnel. Everything is a test of endurance, of how we could keep standing no matter how many times you failed and been trampled on. Sometimes, we need to refuse and prevent ourselves from giving up, especially if you got no alternative routes to travel and you wanted a thing so badly.


Fourth, learn from your mistakes and never dwell too much on failure. Life would go on even if you've fallen hard to the ground. The world would keep on spinning even if your own worlds seems to stop revolving. Time wont stop for you and wait for you to get a hold of yourself. With every mistake comes an opportunity to learn and improve yourself. If you fail, what really matters is you tried. You can't stop just because you failed or committed a mistake. Those things should serve as an inspiration and motivation rather than hindrances for you to go on fighting. So what if you failed? So what if you were wrong? What's important is how you rise to the challenge and proved the world that you're strong enough and that you aren't a quitter.

Fifth,always believe in yourself. For whatever reasons, I always had a problem with self confidence. I always put myself down and think that I'm nothing compared to people around me. My professor repeatedly told me that I'd better improve that self confidence of mine. I think I really have to. I mean, my friends think of me as someone way better than I see myself. It's like they have more confidence in me than I give myself. My professor once told the class,'when you don't believe in yourself, who else would?' I guess his right. When the world ceased believing in you, all you have is yourself. You can't really achieve anything if you doubt yourself, won't you?

And the last lesson I learned for the whole school year is put everything in God's hands. I learned to be closer to God this school year. With everything that's been going on, you just have to trust God and let him do his will. He surely has plans for you and he wouldn't let you down. You just have to let him do his wonders.

All in all, the school year, particularly the second semester, has been good. I've received a lot of blessings and I couldn't ask for more. I am retained in the accountancy program and that's what matters the most. I'm really glad I survived it.

As for my last words, here is passage from the bible:

I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength. -Philippians 4:13