Earthquake, Please Go Away!

11:59:00 PM ivannejuare 0 Comments

Classes are suspended. Exams were postponed. All because of an earthquake.

This is like my 2nd time to experience an earthquake but it's my first for a magnitude 5 earthquake. The earthquake hit many parts of Visayas and the highest recorded activity went as high as magnitude 6.9 which placed some areas in a tsunami warning. It killed some people and had too many aftershocks.

My dorm mates went panicky (well I guess, that's a part of their nature). They screamed every time there is ground movement. It's kinda hurt my ears, though. We were in the dormitory when things started shaking, but the reactions of people in the school seemed a lot interesting and fun. Haha. I wish I could have seen one of my teacher's reaction.  Speaking of not so nice results, someone posted about Bisayas being baduy and that it was unlucky that the tsunami didn't materialize to wipe out these 'baduy' people. It kinda sad to think that some people can still think of those thoughts when people's lives could be endangered and I can understand the harsh reactions of people against her. People have the freedom of speech but it's not to be used without considerations and respect. Anyways, I realized it's not fun having earthquakes and aftershocks around. It sort of makes me think of not so nice results.

Aftershocks had struck us a few times and it feels like almost the same magnitude as the first one we felt for the day. As the night goes deeper, luckily, and thank the heavens above, we felt no more aftershocks. Hopefully, there won't be any aftershocks after we close our eyes to sleep and tsunamis won't devastate us, or any part of Visayas for that matter. 

After a huge fire in a nearby place, we are now troubled with an earthquake. Gosh. Is it really the end of the world? I doubt that. As what my room mates and the Bible said, the Last Judgement comes on a day we don't expect. Who knows? It may be tomorrow or the next day or the day after that. But what's important is whether or not we have higher chances for salvation when that day comes.