GARA 2012: A Learning Experience

11:38:00 PM ivannejuare 0 Comments

The past years' GARA had been fun. We lost. We won. But this year is something new. I got to really participate in the competitions, not just for the 80% attendance goal. I joined the case presentation and the quiz bowl for this year. 

I wasn't really keen on joining the case because I know the hardship and stress it entails, but I got no choice, especially because it is required that each house should have a 3rd year representative and Skousen's first choice declined the offer. Anyways, I didn't really exert much effort in the case study and presentation. It's like I was just there as a props, just for the team not to be in default. And the results? Oh! We won 1st place. I don't have the right to claim the victory, but I just felt overwhelmingly happy. :)


The results in the accounting quiz bowl is the exact opposite of that of the case presentation. Haha. We're in the last place but I'm still happy.


After the case presentation:)

Quiz Bowl:)

Gian as Katy Perry. So cute his dress:)

The Blingers. 


GARA 2012 made me learn a lot of things. It made me feel experiences I thought I never had. It somehow boosts my trust and self confidence. The case presentation is like an exam for what I have learned in my Comm3 class. Because of it, I also met new and admirable people. I may have won. I may have lose, but at least I had no regrets. I had fun but most of all, I gained knowledge and experiences. GARA 2012 had been an avenue for a lot of 'firsts' for me.

Skousen may have ranked last in this year's GARA, but when you're at the bottom, there's no other way than to go up! Go Skousen!