Next Please

2:59:00 AM ivannejuare 0 Comments

I wasn't really enticed to watch Himpapawid (Manila Skies). Among the films that are included in the Iloilo Film Festival, it was the one which I have the faintest idea of what it is about. At first, I thought of not watching it. But eventually, I watched it(I wouldn't have written this entry if I haven't!) and realized how much I would miss if I missed it.

The story of the film was actually about the usual things that happen to poor people:they would send their children to Manila in the hope of giving them a "better future", some would resolve to acts of crime such as stealing and hijacking, and some will have thoughts on giving up their insanity and hope. Another issue that was highlighted in the film was the love for family:some would go on hijacking a plane just to see their ill father, and some will send their children to a distant place called Manila, even if the money that will be used was of unsure origin. People might say that I've seen a lot of films about this things. But what was unusual about the film was how it was presented. The story was usual but was given a different approach. The story itself is a combination of the news about peoples life. Another thing that made me love the movie was that camera used is so nice. It made the film even more interesting. But my favorite part of the story was when the lead character Raul, and 4 other OFW to be(who were fooled) went to take revenge on Mr. Fernando, but they were eventually defeated and tortured and the twist on the last part of the story.

To end this, let me quote something from the movie(though this might not be the exact words):
May limang klase ng tao:may mga manloloko, nagpapaloko, ayaw magpaloko, naloko(not so sure of this), at mga gumaganti.