Taken Again

8:20:00 PM ivannejuare 0 Comments




Liam Neeson is back in Taken 2. This time his daughter is not the damsel in distress, but his wife. After the incidents in Taken, revenge could not be avoided. And so the normal life of his family is once again in danger. 

I've watched Taken because it is highly recommended by one of my friends. Taken was really an amazing film. No wonder why it became such a box office. The suspense, action and every part of that movie was just awesome that you can't help but love it. Taken 2 has the advantage of the first film's popularity but its main disadvantage lies in being compared to the first film. 

I've watched Taken 2 with my friends. Let's say its part of enjoying the sembreak. Although the film have high sales, I'd agree with it critics that it doesn't surpass, or even come close to the first film. In my opinion, it lacks that hint of suspense or thrill and action that the first film does. Taken mostly featured Bryan Mills' ability and skills whereas in Taken 2, there was just not much of it. I'd say it wasn't that spectacular. My friend would say it was just another action film.

There are still some positive vibe to the film though. This time, Kim Mills is involved in saving her parents and I must say she's too good for a nonlicensed driver. Also, there was a point in the film where Bryan Mills gave his enemy the option of walking out alive or dead. Although the enemy made the choice of ending his life, I like how Bryan Mills said that he's getting tired of it all and just left the gun and walked away in the hopes of putting an end to this vengeance cycle. 

Taken 2 failed my expectations but at least it succeeded in making me relax and I had fun with my friends.:)