Epilogue

12:56:00 AM ivannejuare 0 Comments

Please don’t stay close
In love I might overdose
Make me believe you’re invisible
So I may no longer feel feeble.

Your angelic face will be ignored,
I won’t listen to my heart’s clamor,
I’ll look no more into those hypnotizing eyes
For it had caused me my demise.

Falling for you was easy
But I didn’t know it could be this messy
Now this heart that’s shattered
Leaves me no option but to shudder.

Memories of you make just one sense                         
It reminds me that I’ve become so dense
How could I have held on for so long?
When I knew from the start that to me you won’t belong

I find no comfort in your smile
Coz soon you’d walk with her on the aisle
So I’d better let go of you
And this feeling that is already overdue.

It haven’t been that long,
Aware that I am not that strong,
I only ask of you to do what I please
From this haunting feeling let me be released.

Time has come for delusions to end
And for this wretched heart to mend
Having to stop loving you is hard
So I’m asking you not to distract me while I’m on guard.

One wrong move on my part
Will lead to you re-owning my heart
Coz I am just a neophyte in this art
And the scar you gave me left an indelible mark.