I Have Not The Slightest Idea What I’m Doing.

12:58:00 AM ivannejuare 0 Comments

So I said sorry when I wasn’t the one at fault. I carried half of Atlas’ burden despite not being one of his acquaintances. And I let her have you even when you gave me the authority to own you.

Oftentimes I forgot that I can’t swim when I’m halfway free falling after jumping off a cliff. My survival instincts are buried deep down in my spoilt brain that I often take all the damage when I could have saved myself from all those scars.  That thing stuck inside my ribs that keeps me alive has taken all the critical hits that I doubt if I would ever live long enough to tell the difference between fight and flight.

I was this flimsy little girl you met when you were walking along the coast hoping a bottled message would wash ashore. I never really got to know the reason why you were looking for one because every time I asked you, you would tell me that you already found what you were looking for and make me taste your love through my lips.

You healed my wounds with your words and melodies, made me feel whole every time I feel my heart is being ripped out of my chest. You shine so bright whenever you are around that sometimes I need to close my eyes and be contented with just listening to your slow breathing. Perhaps that was the reason why you went on that little adventure of yours.


So I said sorry even when I got cheated on. Said I’m sorry when I shouldn’t be the one apologizing. And I said sorry for letting you go, even when I needed you so much that I could have died when you heeded my command. But then, she needs you more, her and that growing creature taking shelter inside her belly. So I said sorry for not fighting for you, for us. I said sorry for lacking the strength for another war because I wasted all I had over twaddle battles.  I said sorry because I can’t be selfish. And so I whispered my apologies for letting the fool in me take control and let go of the only reason I have to wake up every sunrise, to believe that there exist one person perfectly carved to fit the hollow spaces in our souls.