Whoever said OPM is Dead?

2:29:00 AM ivannejuare 0 Comments

Foreign artist topping charts here and there, sold out albums and concerts. Is there any hope left for OPM? My answer is a resounding yes. Well, I for once never believed that OPM is dead. No matter how many song, album and concert those foreign artists flock to the country, the OPM will always find a way to survive. After all, we're all Pinoy! 

The things is, Filipinos should learn to appreciate their own. That is, they should support OPM as well. Why?Here comes Dr. Jose Rizal's infamous quotes.
Ang hindi marunong lumingon sa pinangalingan ay hindi makakarating sa paroroonan.
Ang hindi magmahal sa sariling wika, daig pa ang hayop at malansang isda.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against foreign artists. I have a lot of their songs, in fact, in my playlists.Its  just that I thought and believed that we should also give important to our own tunes. 

The Philpop 2013 has just concluded. Philpop is a competition open for all song writers, professional and amateur. This year's winner is DATI, an original composition by Thyro Alfaro & Yumi Lacsamana and interpreted by Sam Concepcion & Tippy Dos Santos feat. Quest. Sam Concepcion, happens to be last year's 2nd runner up, with KONTRABIDA, composed by Soc Villanueva. It pains my heart that Christian Bautista and Marlon Barnuevo's ARAW, ULAP, LANGIT did not make it to the top though. Here are some of the songs for this year.  I just love these songs that I can help but keep playing it again and again. 


DATI

ARAW, ULAP, LANGIT

Earlier this year, Himig Handog P-pop Love Songs took place where Aiza Seguerra's interpretation of the song ANONG NAGYARI SA ATING DALAWA won. I loved Toni Gonzaga's KAHIT NA and Yeng Constantino's ALAALA though.

KAHIT NA

ALAALA

Whoever dared to say OPM is dead should take their words. Can't they see that OPM is still alive. OPM songs are still playing on radios, television and still top charts. So what are we you waiting for? LET'S SUPPORT OPM! :)


For more information about the abovementioned contests:
Philpop
Himig Handog