My Weekend Getaways

12:47:00 AM ivannejuare 0 Comments

“When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching -- they are your family. ” 

No matter what happens, whether you succeed or fail, happy or not, perfect or imperfect, your family will be there for you. In my case, distance and years of being apart was not a reason them to forget or ignore me. Actually, it sort made us want to spend more time and do some catching up during weekends. 

First Stop: Guadalupe Viejo, Makati City

This is no strange place for me. I grew up in this place. This time though, I spent some time at my cousin's house, Ate Annie and made a stop at our old house and visited my uncle their. I really can't remember much about the place but I kinda felt that feeling of being home when I went there. From Citadel, where we stayed for the duration of our OJT, my cousin/ninong Kuya Tonet drove me to Guadulupe and I got the chance to me his suuuppeer cute child, Gavin and his wife, which is a first for me. 

Second Stop: Taguig City
Following a night at Guadulupe, Tito Dodoy fetched me and we went to his house and had a great Sunday bonding with each other. 

This is happiness!
Third Stop: Pampanga
My aunt, Tita Ruth, had been insisting since Maundy Thursday, for me to visit her. Well, due to time constraints and the adjustment period, I was not able to visit her earlier. But alas, two weeks before we head home, I was able to set foot in Pampanga. The reason why we were there was not exactly something to be happy about because it was the death anniversary of my uncle. Anyways, I'm pretty sure we all had a great time their, not to mention our bulging tummies! Plus, we get to take home A LOT of Pampanga's best. Its a shame that I can't take it all the way home to Capiz though. 

These are just a few from what Tita Ruth prepared for us. 





Me spending time with them means so much to me. Somehow, I got closer to them and it felt like I'm more confident and at home when I'm with them, which is a far cry from what I used to be. I'm just so happy and blessed to be a part of this family. Well, who wouldn't be?