F is for FUN, FRUSTRATION and FREAKONOMICS

4:07:00 PM ivannejuare 0 Comments

Fun. That was the least I expected to get in Freakonomics Fun Day 2011 when you asked me early this morning. Freakonomics is an activity that our Econ102 teacher proposed in exchange for our 3rd long exam. At first we refused to join considering the burden of our 114 class, but later on we changed our minds. Activities included a quiz bowl, amazing race, food fight, paindisanay, pinoy henyo, charades and the mascots. We ranked 2nd in the overall. Yey!

I was really gloomy that morning because the activity started at 9 am, instead of the scheduled 8 am. How lame! Plus our teacher was nowhere in sight. Plus the things that should have been prepared the night before had not been prepared. Things are just so unorganized. It wasn't until we won 2nd and 3rd in the quiz bee that I started to calm down.




The next event was amazing race, which I'm a part of. On the first station, we had a head start of 1 minute. When we proceed to the next, we ranked third. But we're so amazing that in the 3rd stop until the 5th we were leading. It was on that 6th station that we started slipping. The facilitator was nowhere in sight when we proceeded to the station so we thought that we got the clue wrong. We wasted minutes, only to find out that we were correct. Immediately, anger had overcome us and we ranked last.  While on the way to the 8th station, I had the feeling that we should be heading to where we started, to the Student Lounge, but I guess no one heard me. I didn't bother to repeat saying it because when we passed by, the area was closed and I didn't see any facilitator. A lot of things happened between that interval. And at the end of the race, we ranked 3rd. I so hate myself for not voicing my idea. We could have won the race. Damn it!
(Sorry if I'm biased. I just can't help posting many pictures of the amazing race.haha)

To the first stop...

Make a tower made of straw. 

The other pit stops.
My favorite station. The station that started our bad luck. 

While waiting to for the 3 minutes head start of the White Team to end.
Mahal and Jenny in the Kitchenomics.


Let the cheer's begin!
So what made it fun? Maybe because when you're part of Team Bolog, or RetroSci for that matter, it's always fun. We had the loudest cheer. We are the most disciplined and punctual. We are simply the amazing. We are the best. Go Team Bolog! 


Well, I guess this deserves to be the finale picture. I wasn't really expecting Kim Rommel to do this. 


Photo credits to: Michael Clavesillas, Kara Trojo, Elmark Sarmiento and Nadin Magbiray.