Lone Witness

4:37:00 PM ivannejuare 0 Comments


I saw life drain away from her eyes
As the cold metal touched her wrist

Tiny droplets of blood from ruined arteries
Bed sheet soaked in bright red
A body sleeping peacefully

I saw her desperate move to escape this world,
Felt her pain and struggle to belong
But I didn’t stop her, couldn’t in fact
For fear had enveloped me.

It’s nonsense to stop her now
For what’s left of her is naught
I can do nothing for I have no power,
I am merely a translucent being,
Freed from the confines of that girl’s lying body.

 Here and now, I would wander,
Bearing witness to life and death,
Waiting Til that auspicious  day comes
When I’ll be pulled to the next dimension.


*It seems pretty appropriate to post this now after a month of being buried in my messy files. Although I am most certainly not an advocate of suicide. I'll write more about why, if I have time. RIP to Kristel Tejada. And to those souls who preferred to end their lives rather than to fight for it, may you find the peace that you have not achieved while you were in the world of the living.