Of Fears and Dreams

7:08:00 PM ivannejuare 0 Comments

I’m in a place unusual to me
A vast ocean where the shore is far-off sight
A forest of many strange looking trees
A place away from my comfort zone

My friends are nowhere to be found
How will I live without them?
Unknown people, that’s all I see
Will they be an ally or a foe?

I’m in a new home
New life it seems
But how will I feel at ease?
When people I used to be with are now out of sight

My whole body trembles
No voice seems to come out of my mouth
Fear and uncertainty rush in my head
My hopes of tomorrow had flown summer else

But wait...
Isn’t that the ship of my ambitions?
Isn’t that the tree of my goals?
In a foreign land, my dreams are almost in my reach

So many questions bothering me
Yet I know the answers are near
Nothing shall I worry out
‘Cause I know it’s God’s plan for me to throw off the usual me
                                                                         
The shore may be far away
Strange looking trees may frighten me
But I am not alone
The sun still shines and the wind still blows

In an unusual land I am travelling
Still sailing and running even with low energy
But why should I stop?
When I’m almost there... near to the fulfilment of my dreams!


I wrote this poem on the first day of my life as a college student.