10th Citi Junior Bankers Congress and Foodtrip ala Cebu

5:40:00 PM ivannejuare 0 Comments

God is being so generous to me. He's been showering me with blessing after another. This time, I had the chance to go to Cebu for free. Yes, you heard me right. FREE. All thanks to Citibank! 

All the graduating accountancy students were required to submit our applications to the 10th Citi Junior Bankers Congress. 13 of us were chosen to join in the Congress of 50. Our destination? CEBU. Okay, so I'm not exactly thrilled to be a part of the congress since it's gonna be tiresome since it means being absent in some of my classes and we have some requirements to be submitted the following week. Perhaps, it was all expense paid trip that reeled me in plus it's my first time to set foot in the Queen City of the South.  

The Congress started in the afternoon of July 19 and ended before lunch the following day. The organizers are pretty generous because they sent us to Cebu on the afternoon of the 18th. So basically, we had the whole evening of the 18th to settle down.

While waiting for our flight to Cebu
My seat mate, Sharm
First night out together at ZUBOCHON, with our classmate, err, teacher, Ma'am Meiji.
The best pig EVER says Anthony Bourdain.
I say let's dig in cause I'm dying of hunger already. hahaha
Zubochon, Pork sisig, and tasty sinigang for dinner.
The Maxwell Hotel
I have to admit I expected something grander.
Meet my fellow delegates.

Word for the day: SOUL SEARCHING
Meet the CFO of ABS-CBN. He's the coolest speaker we had for the congress.
It was as though fate wanted for us to meet, my dear LECHON BELLY.
Cebu's lechon are really really really delicious. My classmates ended up eating another round before we went home and we also brought some our friends. 
Coz some foods are better eaten without utensils :)
Nightout with our supportive teacher
And kruffins for midnight snack. Yum. 
Cookies and Cream sundae (i think) and Banana Split! Since we don't drink, Jessel, Sharmane, Krizza and I opted to have dessert while the others drink T-ice and red horse. Ma'am Meiji even offered to pay for our T-ice we wanted to drink. 

A view of Cebu from atop the Maxwell Hotel
Waiting for our delayed flight.
The rain welcomed us as we arrived at Iloilo.
The UPV delegates with Mr. Ronnie Alcantara (President, Insular Investment Corp.), Ms. Elah Czarina Andal (Senior Manager, Audit&Assurance Head, People&Culture, Punongbayan and Araullo) and Mr. Aldrin Cerrado (CFO, ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corp.)