Cebu Tour Day 1: Guitar Factory & Lapu-Lapu Monument

10:30:00 PM ivannejuare 0 Comments

I probably have not mentioned anything about my Operations Management class aka Ilahas in my past posts, not that I have plenty of post for this semester anyway. So this class is by far the most demanding, inconsiderate and tiresome MINOR subject I had taken. There's way too many things to do for a single meeting and the teacher is not even teaching at all. He's sort of like another student in the class who does nothing. He required us to have a field trip at Cebu, that he even got as far as saying that he will give us an incomplete grade if we are not going to attend. The original price for the fieltrip was nearly 13K, which included a Bohol Trip, which we all believed has nothing to do with the objectives of the course. We ended up paying 8500 for the trip. If you are planning on getting Smallville Travel and Tours as your tour agency, I suggest not to, especially if you have financial constraints and want someone more responsible (though the hotel accommodations they prepared was really good). We had BUFFET for EVERY MEAL. Seriously, do they think we eat like pigs? We could have saved much if we only had buffet for chosen meals. 

Enough with the rants. The trip was for 3 days and that included 5 companies that we will be making a company study as part of the requirements for this course. For the first day, we only did some sight seeing. Great. The tour guide, Ms. Zeny(?) was really good, if only, my classmates could have given more effort into cooperating with her. 

First Stop: Alegre Guitar Factory


Oh, the efforts in making a good guitar. 


Here comes the final product.



I want to have one of these, but I'm sure as hell it will only be a waste since I don't know how to play a guitar. 

And the mementos...
Second Stop: Lapu-Lapu Monument
Magellan's Shrine
The Brave Lapu-Lapu
And while we're at it, a little shopping for souvenirs!
I want to buy one of these but I'm not sure where to put it so I ended not buying any.
The Cebu Bridge
Third Stop: Joven's
Dinner Buffet at Joven's